UPSC ESE IES 2020 Notification: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued a notification for Engineering Services Exam ESE (IES) 2020 on September 2019. Recruitment against the ESE 2020 notification will be made to the Services/ Posts under the categories Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. A total of 495 vacancies will be filled based on the results. As per the notification Preliminary/Stage‐I Examination of the Engineering Services Examination for recruitment to the services/ posts will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 5th January, 2020 UPSC ESE (IES) 2020 Online application forms will be available from September 25 till and ends on 15 October 2019.
IES 2020 important Dates
|Commencement of online applications||25.09.2019|
|Last date for receipt of applications||15/10/2019 – 6:00pm|
|Date of IES Preliminary Examination||05.01.2020|
|Date of IES Mains Examination||Updated Soon|
UPSC IES 2020 Jobs And Vacancy Details
A total of 495 vacancies are announced officially by UPSC for following below categories. A candidate through Engineering Services Examination (ESE) makes a career in one of the government organizations Indian Railways, Indian Military, Indian Telecommunication.
|CIVIL ENGINEERING||MECHANICAL ENGINEERING|
|Indian Railway Service of Engineers.||Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers.|
|The Indian Railway Stores Service (Civil Engineering Posts).||The Indian Railway Stores Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).|
|Central Engineering Service||AEE in GSI Engineering Service Gr ‘A’.|
|Central Engineering Service (Roads), Group‐A (Civil Engineering Posts).||Indian Defence Service of Engineers.|
|Survey of India Group ‘A’ Service.||Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).|
|AEE(Civil) in Border Road Engineering Service.||Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade‐I (Mechanical Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy.|
|Indian Defence Service of Engineers.||AEE(Elec & Mech) in Border Roads Engineering Service(Mechanical Engineering Posts).|
|AEE(QS&C) in MES Surveyor Cadre.||Central Water Engineering (Group ‘A’) Service.|
|Central Water Engineering (Group ‘A’) Service||Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ (Mechanical Engineering Posts)|
|Indian Skill Development Service||Indian Skill Development Service.|
|Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘B’ (Mechanical Engineering Posts).|
|ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING||ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING|
|Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers.||Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.|
|The Indian Railway Stores Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).||The Indian Railway Stores Service (Telecommunication/Electronics Engineering Posts).|
|Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)||Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’.|
|Indian Defence Service of Engineers.||Telecommunication Service Gr ‘A’.|
|Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade‐I (Electrical Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy.||Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts).|
|Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ (Electrical Engineering Posts).||Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade‐I(Electronics and Telecom Engg. Posts) in Indian Navy.|
|Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service/SSO‐II (Electrical).||Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ (Electronics & Telecom Engineering Posts).|
|Indian Skill Development Service.||Indian Skill Development Service.|
|Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘B’ (Electrical Engineering Posts).||Junior Telecom Officer Gr ‘B’.|
|Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘B’ (Electronics & Telecom Engineering Posts).|
UPSC IES (ESE) 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: A candidate must be either a citizen of India, or a subject of Nepal, or a subject of Bhutan. For more nationality eligibility view official notification here.
Age Limits: A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January, 2020.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Must have done B.E, B.Tech, or passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India)
- A degree/diploma in Engineering from some government recognized foreign university, college, or institution is also required.
- Must have passed the Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India
- Candidate must have passed with the Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of the Electronics and Telecommunication of Engineers of India
- Must have passed the Graduate Membership Examination from the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London took place after November 1959
UPSC IES 2020 Application Form, ESE 2020 Apply Online
- The candidates are required to fill the Application Form of UPSC Engineering Services Examination 2020 as per details provided on the official UPSC website.
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in.
- A candidate must be ready with all the applicants details, choice of examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc.
- Scan the recent photograph and signature and upload them in the application form.
- Pay the application fees by using online mode like net banking or at any branch of SBI by taking the print out of the challan.
- Take final print of your submitted IES Exam 2020 application form.
IES 2020 Registration/ ESE Application Fee
- Payments can be made either by online or by e-challan.
- Online payment can be made through net banking, credit card, debit card.
- Payments can also be made offline by e-challan by paying at any branch of SBI.
|Female Candidates||No Fee|
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates||No Fee|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 200|
UPSC IES(ESE) 2020 Examination Pattern:
UPSC Engineering Services Exam (ISE) 2020 is conducted in three stages,
Stage I: Preliminary Examination which is objective type paper.
IES/ESE Prelims (Preliminary Examination)
|Paper-I||General Studies and Engineering Aptitude||02 hours||200|
|Paper-II||Engineering Discipline (CE/ ME/EE/E&T)||03 hours||300|
|Total Marks(Prelims)||05 hours||500|
IES 2020 prelims exam date : 05.01.2020
Stage II: Mains Examination which will be conventional papers.
|Paper-I||Engineering Discipline-I (CE/ ME/EE/E&T)||03 hours||300|
|Paper-II||Engineering Discipline-II (CE/ ME/EE/E&T)||03 hours||300|
|Total Marks (Mains)||06 hours||600|
Stage III: Personality Test will be for 200 marks.
UPSC ESE 2020 Recruitment Selection Criteria
Selection will be based on combined score obtained in all the three stages.
- Candidates qualifying Stage I will be allowed to appear for Stage – II examination.
- Candidates qualifying both the Stage – I and Stage – II will be shortlisted for Stage – III Personality test.
|Stage-I + Stage-II + Stage-III||Total = 1300|
- The qualifying candidates of Stage I + Stage II + Stage III will be shortlisted and a Final Merit List of Engineering Services Exam ESE(IES) 2020 will be declared.
UPSC IES 2020 Syllabus, ESE Syllabus Pdf
Stage I – Paper I, Objective type, Common to all Candidates.(IES 2020 syllabus for Prelims)
- Current issues of national and international importance relating to social, economic and industrial development.
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability.
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis.
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety.
- Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance and services.
- Basics of Energy and Environment : Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment.
- Project Management basics.
- Basics of Material Science and Engineering.
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, e-governance and technology based education.
- Ethics and values in Engineering profession.
Branch/Discipline: IES 2020 syllabus for Civil Engineering
|Building Materials||Flow of Fluids, Hydraulic Machines and Hydro Power|
|Solid Mechanics||Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering|
|Structural Analysis||Environmental Engineering|
|Design of Steel Structures||Geo-technical Engineering and Foundation Engineering|
|Design of Concrete and Masonry structures||Surveying and Geology|
|Construction Practice||Transportation Engineering|
|Planning and Management|
Branch/Discipline: IES 2020 syllabus for Electrical Engineering
|Engineering Mathematics||Analog and Digital Electronics|
|Electrical Materials||Systems and Signal Processing|
|Electric Circuits and Fields||Control Systems|
|Electrical and Electronic Measurements||Electrical Machines|
|Computer Fundamentals||Power Systems|
|Basic Electronics Engineering||Power Electronics and Drives|
Branch/Discipline: IES 2020 syllabus for Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
|Basic Electronics Engineering||Analog and Digital Communication Systems|
|Basic Electrical Engineering||Control Systems|
|Materials Science||Computer Organization and Architecture|
|Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation||Electro Magnetics|
|Network Theory||Advanced Electronics Topics|
|Analog and Digital Circuits||Advanced Communication Topics|
Branch/Discipline: IES 2020 syllabus for Mechanical Engineering
|Fluid Mechanics||Engineering Mechanics|
|Thermodynamics and Heat transfer||Engineering Materials|
|Turbo Machinery||Mechanisms and Machines|
|Power Plant Engineering||Design of Machine Elements|
|Renewable Sources of Energy||Manufacturing ,Industrial and Maintenance Engineering|
|Mechatronics and Robotics|
Follow Us for More Daily Job and Career Updates
|Join Our Facebook Page||Freshershangout page|
|Join Our Facebook Group
|Join Our Whatsapp Group
||Freshershangout @ Whatsapp|
|Join Our Telegram Group
||Freshershangout @ Telegram|