About Lalit Kala Akademi: Lalit Kala Akademi as one among three such national organizations, that emerged. The LKA was the principal establishment to direct its focus on activities in the field of visual arts. Lalit Kala Akademi encourages and promotes study and research in the fields of creative arts such as painting, sculpture, and graphics, etc. LKA encourages and coordinates the activities of the regional art organizations and State Lalit Kala Akademies. Promotes cooperation among artists and art associations and the development of such associations.
Quick Intro About Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship 2021 – 2022
|Name of the Scholarship
||Lalit Kala Akademi|
|Number of Scholarships
|Eligible Year||2021 – 2022
|Scholarship Award||Rs.20,000/- per month|
|Scholarship Duration||12 Months|
About Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship 2021 – 22
Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarships are awarded by the Lalit Kala Akademi to young and budding artists every year. The objective of this scholarship scheme is to provide these young people a workspace where their skills can be improved and they can develop innovative ideas in their respective fields of visual arts.
Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship Program Details, Eligibility, Period
- Number of Scholarships: The Akademi awards a maximum number of 40 scholarships every year.
- The registered scholars under this scheme are awarded Rs.20,000/- per month for a period of twelve months (one year).
- Age Criteria: The minimum age limit for the scholars is 21 years and the maximum is 35 years.
Scholarship Program Rules
The selected scholars will be required to work in one of the Regional Centres of the Akademi. He/She will have to submit at least two works’ photographs considered suitable and duly certified by the Head of the Regional Centre/Institution every month.
|S.No||Centers of the Akademi||States Attached|
|1||LKA’s Regional Centre, Chennai||Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Pondicherry, Goa, Maharashtra, Lakshadweep|
|2||LKA’s Regional Centre Garhi, Delhi||Delhi, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh|
|3||LKA’s Regional Centre, Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Dadra, and Nagar Haveli|
|4||LKA’s Regional Centre, Kolkata||West Bengal, Meghalaya, Manipur, Assam|
|5||Srimantha Sankaradeva Kalakshetra, Guwahati||Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Mizoram, Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|6||LKA’s Regional Centre, Bhubaneswar||Orissa, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh|
With regard to the allotment of the center (workspace), the decision on the Lalit Kala Akademi will be final and binding.
- The State or Union Territory in which the applicant has been residing for at least 3 years in the recent past will be the State or Union Territory from which he would be deemed to be applying.
- No request for a change of center will be entertained under any circumstances.
- The selected scholars will be required to submit an undertaking on Stamp Paper of Rs. 50/- duly attested by Notary Public that they will not abandon the scholarship before its completion.
- The scholarship will be disbursed monthly by a/c payee cheques and no claim for any other payment to the selected scholars will be entertained by the Akademi.
- Artists who have already received any awards in National/ International Exhibitions and or received a Research Grant/Scholarship of the Lalit Kala Akademi in the past are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply or Register for Lalit Akademi Scholarship 2021 -2022
- Applicants can apply for Lalit Kala Akademi Scholarship 2021-22 by obtaining an application form from the Lalit Kala Akademi office or by downloading it from the official website.
- Students should fill and send the application form along with educational certificates to the below-given address.
- All the eligible and interested candidates can find more information from the below-provided link.
|Information & Apply Here
Lalit Kala Akademi, Rabindra Bhawan, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi 110001.